View Single Post
Old
10-29-2013, 03:45 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Boyle is a useful player, Pyatt is not. The ability to distinguish between the two is important.

On the other hand, Bole is in the last year of his contract and could probably fetch a decent pick at the deadline, if NYR are out of it.

I don't know why there is such a strong sentiment against Boyle here, though.
I'm not his biggest fan, but that's because I believe him to be overpaid by a million.

Boyle is not even to blame for the hate.

He's a guy that plays a responsible game and coaches fall in love with guys that are responsible. Sometimes to the point of OVER PLAYING them like giving them any significant PP time.

the problem extends itself when that responsible player has a career year where EVERYTHING goes in thus cementing the coach's trust in that player however misguided it may be.

I don't like guys that are as big as he is and have as much trouble playing and staying on his feet against smaller guys as he does. He's a big strong man that should be knocking guys over.

He's a dime a dozen player that is solid on FO's and a good PK'er.

However, he's slow as drying paint and provides no ability to generate offence, therefore he cannot incorporate his wingers into the offence.

He's got a place on the team, however, he's best suited as a 4th line winger as the center position calls for SOME offensive capabilities. Let Boyle take the draws.