View Single Post
Old
10-29-2013, 04:22 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Trotz is phenomenal at getting the most of a mediocre roster, but hasn't proven that he can take a great roster to the next level (The Forsberg year, two years ago, etc.).
Those years were hardly "great" rosters. Trotz got the most out of guys like Sergie Kosisyten, Andrei Kosisyten, Fisher on the 1st line, etc, but AT BEST we had middle of the road offensive talent.

Even the Forseberg year, we didn't get Forseberg, we got Forseberg as a shell of himself (another desperate move by Poile). Guys like Arnott, Dumont, even Kariya were deemed expendable by their previous club. Trotz got the most out of those guys too. That was the only playoffs you could argue the team underachieved, but compared to others (including the Sharks) we had inferior talent.

Poile is the one who has failed to address our offensive problems. The problem is obvious to anyone. And what does he do when Suter/Weber say they want to see improvement? Gaustad, Gill, Hendricks, Nystrom, etc. BLAH.

I'm not going to be too upset if Trotz is fired, but I certainly won't expect our offense to start producing. In fact, I will expect our team to get worse.

Poile should go first. His limitations are more obvious than ever.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote