View Single Post
Old
12-13-2006, 03:47 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
I like Pleks a lot and he's the perfect kind of player for this team but IMO, he doesn't have his place on the first two lines. He gives all he can and he can do a nice job when there are injuries but there's no doubt in my mind that he will be the man out of the top two lines when Higgins comes back...

He will take Bonk spot next year on the third line and he will likely stay on that line for years. IMO, he will do an incredible job.

The problem on the top two lines is that the the two RW can't do the job. Kovy just doesn't want to play and Ryder misses too much chances. I mean, I'm seeing more consistency from him since a couple of games but he can't score. A guy like Cheechoo would have like 30 goals already if he had all the chances Ryder has.

I think that all we can do now is to switch Kovalev and Ryder. I don't know what they will do but I think that if they can't bring their games up to expectations, Ryder could be the first to pay.
I think Gainey will try to re-sign Bonk, who has been excellent this season as the third line center.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote