View Single Post
Old
10-29-2013, 06:42 PM
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
Maybe it's time to fire up the original DB. Might be some good times to be had there, all custom DB's seem incomplete to me.(hypocritical of me to say that and not help but oh well)
It's so much fun. I love seeing what they thought certain players would become. It sucks if you like a certain player in real life that's good but sucks in the game. I noticed that the Lightning in my game drafted #4 in 2008 and nabbed none other than Steven Stamkos. And I think the Islanders the following year got JT. I've had a few guys go to their "correct" team already. And in my file, Stamkos actually looks like he could become a beast... I remember in the original DB him always sucking.

Niittymaki got injured the year after we repeated as Cup champions and won the Presidents trophy around January so we've been tanking from 1st place to 2nd We will make the playoffs but probably an early exit, which is fine for me. Not sure if I should re-sign Scott Hartnell (my #1 RW, perfect physical player for the top line) at about $5 mil/year or let him go and see if I can find someone cheaper. My mindset is still in that budget mode but I do have money to spend although, Crosby and Malkin will be due for new contracts soon.

And crazy, I've never seen a player drop that much from one season to another.

irunthepeg is offline   Reply With Quote