View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 12:05 AM
Nithoniniel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Just my thoughts on some of the players?
-Eakins scratching Yakupov looks to have been a giant mistake. Simply not the same player since. Confidence gone.
-Eberle was awful tonight
-RNH has been a bright spot, but his defensive coverage is still spotty at best.
-Hemsky has been inconsistent, good then bad
-Arcobello is Kyle Wellwood. Offensively, has decent vision but can't score at all. Terrible defensively, although wins some faceoffs. Ultimately not a guy you can make the playoffs with though.
-Perron has been a bright spot, his illness must have been the reason for his suckage against LA
-Jones has been giving a good effort, but he sucks
-Gazdic is not an NHLer
-Acton is a BORDERLINE NHLer, not an NHLer on a playoff team
-Smyth is slow as balls
-Eager actually isn't terrible for a 4th liner
-Pitlick also actually isn't terrible. We just figured this out recently while we played the likes of Gazdic and Acton.
-Gordon does a lot of things right, but I still don't see how it's worth 3M. Wins faceoffs, and.......? Has had some nice moments, but he's overrated on this team.
-Justin Schultz has been absolutely terrible. Needs to sit a game.
-Nick Schultz is horribad
-Jeff Petry has nice moments, but ultimately has been inconsistent, with moments of brilliance and then moments of "why did you make that pass" or "tip that in"
-Ladislav Smid has been inconsistent this year. Usually the best D-man on here but he's had his issues. EDM wants him moving the puck, which he isn't the greatest at, and the penalties have been costly.
-Andrew Ference has led the team to 14th in the West and his play has been mediocre at best. An elite third pairing guy who unfortunately due to a lack of depth, has been pushed to do more, and he's not doing what he did best in Boston cause their system is better than ours
-Anton Belov has been okay...pinch lapses, defensive lapses still existing though. Overall not bad if we had him on the 3rd pair, he's a 3rd pairer on a playoff team.
-Grebeshkov is not an NHL player
-I kinda want to see Potter play a game, he's not the worst No.6 D-man. Unfortunately, the entire team is made up of 5's and 6's so it won't matter regardless. We've seen good Potter, but bad Potter isn't an NHLer
-Dubnyk is a No.1 goalie, but on a team with as porous D as ours, his lack of arm movement is exposed and he literally can't make a mistake. Would be fine in Chicago or San Jose or LA, where team D is greatly better, but here he gets lots of blame for missed D coverage moments. Does let in softies however.
-LaBarbera is a capable backup. He's just getting torched by our terrible systems.
-Bachman I still believe is a borderline 2, that first game against LA was pretty fluky, he can't puckhandle at all.
-PK is brutal, no one wants to get in shooting lanes
-PP is brutal, Yakupov is wasted waiting for an improbable one timer instead of being a side wall guy who comes around the circle if he wanted to snipe. Not enough size in front of the net on point shots.
-Lack of team depth is disturbing, like usual.

/rant
I thought Yak was pretty dangerous in this game, certainly had some jump and some will.

Gordon is great if you utilize it. He should be used as McClement is except with added time for key faceoff situations. If you can get that kind of impact out of him, I think he is worth the 3 mil.

Ference is a system guy. In a good system he is great, in a bad system he is average. If you do manage to turn things around for next season, he'll be a very valuable player for you.

Nithoniniel is offline   Reply With Quote