View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 12:11 AM
oilersrule14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozwell View Post
am I the only one concerned with the fact both Bunz and Roy are back up?

Until he was Recalled Bachman was the number one goalie in Ok city
and Bunz is in a Tandem in Bakersfield--we need these guys playing more games on the farm at this point of their careers
Well, without games played, goalies won't develop, so it's quite obvious that management doesn't think much of these guys as prospects.

I've always been puzzled by why they dislike Olivier Roy so much. His stats aren't spectacular, but they're on par with how Devan Dubnyk's career progressed. Dubnyk was .921 in the ECHL, .904 and .906 in the AHL. Roy was .925 in the ECHL, .902 and .921 (so far this season) in the AHL. So pretty much identical first and second years as pros, and Roy is looking better (only two games though) in his third year pro. Seeing that Dubnyk is our starting NHL goalie, shouldn't we be seeing what Roy can do too???

Bunz, I get, they've given him the change to get as many starts that he wants in the ECHL and he's flopped with that. The fact that's he in a tandem with a 7th round pick is no one's fault but his own. Not much more you can do there if you're management.