View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 01:51 AM
Draekke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
But when? 7 years going on 8 that we haven't made the playoffs, and watched every single other NHL team make it at least once.

Watching the Avs and Flames have early success just makes this even more painful. If the Flames somehow make the playoffs this year, then I think every single Oiler fan should march down to Rexall and have a bonfire of the jerseys.
If there were some kind of equation to be able to predict how something is going to turn out in pro sports, or that if a team is bad for so many years, then they will become good again, sports wouldn't be played.

I've been getting this feeling lately from the oiler board that people seem to be imagining that it is their right to see their team do well. It's not. We need to stop acting like children who think that they deserve everything (yes, I know you're going to respond with "no, just something", but that's not how this works). Still one of the best franchises in the history of the league. If anything, this is just karma catching up to us from the 80's team.

Draekke is offline   Reply With Quote