View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 12:53 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draekke View Post
If there were some kind of equation to be able to predict how something is going to turn out in pro sports, or that if a team is bad for so many years, then they will become good again, sports wouldn't be played.

I've been getting this feeling lately from the oiler board that people seem to be imagining that it is their right to see their team do well. It's not. We need to stop acting like children who think that they deserve everything (yes, I know you're going to respond with "no, just something", but that's not how this works). Still one of the best franchises in the history of the league. If anything, this is just karma catching up to us from the 80's team.
Of course, the season is unpredictable. And I don't think anyone could predict we'd be this bad out of the gate.

Winning erases losing, and losing erases winning. Unfortunately for the past 7 years we've been doing a lot more of the latter. Those Cups we won in the 80s seem pretty meaningless when this team can't even make the playoffs.

GreatKeith is online now   Reply With Quote