View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 04:33 AM
RisingSun
Feels good man.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
This franchise makes way too many decisions based on naivety.

Can't hire Burke ... too loud mouthed. Lets hire Lowe's best buddy instead with no GM experience. Then lets hire a rookie NHL coach to top it off. What could possibly go wrong?

Bernier and Seguin available? Naaaaaah. Lets not pursue either. Besides heard Seguin went to a party once, nah, need to only have boy scouts in the locker room). He may go Souray on us and say bad things about the GM. Nope.
Bernier? Naaaaah, lets just sign Dubnyk's best bud Labarbera and call it a day.

This franchise is so far up its ass sometimes in "building the right way" (whatever that's even supposed to mean). They completely overreacted to the Pronger/Souray situations.
Well, first off there was no way we were going to hire Burke, considering that whole Burke-Lowe fiasco. And btw Lowe's never leaving (for reasons I'm not going say, but just believe me on this one).

Also, how do you know we didn't inquire about Bernier, Seguin? On top of that, where do we have assets to acquire a guy like seguin? Because there's no way in hell we were going to trade Eberle or Yak for a potential head case. (Turns out he panned out)

Although I'll agree with you, this team has some terrible asset management, but this team has been ****ed from the beginning of this decade, and it's finally reached the apex of this proverbial S*** snowball.

RisingSun is offline   Reply With Quote