View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 04:51 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest View Post
I don't know...but...I still go back to what I said a couple years ago meow...

These guys need to spend some time under the watch of Chris Therrien. And not the "new" Chris Therrien.

They need a true hard ass coach who can come into that room and hold every player accountable.

There are SEVERAL guys on this team who don't really know even a tenth of what they think they know about the game. They need every little minute mistake to be brought right into their faces and shown all of it...again...and again.

Eakins isn't doing this. Eakins is playing the same guys the same amount of minutes...and its producing even worse hockey than at most any point last year or the year before.
Yeah, pretty much. The problem is that those "several" players happen to be their best players. With maybe only RNH notwithstanding, everyone of the other "young stars" needs to be seriously sat down, lectured, and then worked like a mule to get those bad habits out of their game.

Hall needs to be told to ****ing play a man's style of hockey. He has the speed and the frame to do it, if he's going to play like Kent Nilsson instead of Glenn Anderson then all his physical talents go to waste. Problem is that I'm not sure his hockey sense and hands can keep up with his feet. He needs to be told his deking is not nearly as good as he thinks it is, so instead of deking and going weak as **** backhand on every breakaway he should maybe try to shoot with his more accurate forehand. And that he should stop trying to emulate his buddy Eberle's deking, because Jordan will always be better at it than he is.

Eberle needs to be told to get better core strength. Tired of seeing him get knocked down and pasted every game. Also, stop cheating defensively.

Schultz needs to be told he's not yet Sergei ****ing Zubov so if you're going to roam like Zubov did you better produce results and be able to maintain reasonable ability to position yourself defensively. Otherwise focus on playing defense first rather than playing softer than Tom Gilbert did - and at least Gilbert knew how to gain position on people.

Yakupov needs some sort of deconditioning. He's trying to do it all himself when he should be using his teammates AND he's passing off when he should be shooting. His game is all sorts of messed up right now, he's literally doing the opposite of what he should be doing on half the plays in any given game. Don't really know how to fix this but I suspect it involves a lot of patient and honest teaching. He's the youngest of the 1st overalls though so I'm less concerned with his progress than with someone like Hall basically repeating first-year mistakes over and over again.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series