View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 09:59 AM
veganhunter
Mexico City Coyotes!

vCash: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
trading for a top line center should really be your focus. it solves to problems with a. replacing little as your top center and b. allowing you to flip little back to RW and solve your RW depth problem. you'll have to move a d to do it, but if i were in winnipeg's situation i wouldn't have much trouble doing that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Agreed. Adding a Versteeg or Boyes isn't what the Jets need to take them to the next level. What they need (aside from a new coach) is to move one of the "untouchables" for some legit talent up front. IMO, the name that would net a great return and may be slightly expendable due to Trouba being...awesome is Toby Enstrom. I think he (plus a pick?) can net you a true top line talent.

The Jets 2.0 wanted to separate themselves from the Thrashers (understandably), but then they locked up Toby, Little, Wheeler, Kane, Bogo, Slater, and Pavelec. Add the few years left of Buff, Postma, and Ladd and many of the Thrash remain. I think a real shake up needs to happen. No more revolving door of Halischuks or Pelusos every year. Make a bold move.
I know both of you are former Thrashers fans so you had to put up with having no true #1 centre through their entire existence (Savard?) and 3 years into the Jets existence we still don't have one. The problem I see is to get a true #1 it is going to cost A LOT (more than any of our defencemen are going to return alone), there are not many if any available, and we still don't really have the depth or prospect depth to gut the team for one player. I think we have to hope Scheifele pans out, get lucky in the draft, or hope beyond hope we can get a troubled guy (Richards, Carter, Seguin).

Likely going to be Byfuglien that goes (Wheeler might have been the other but our RW depth is atrocious).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
It'll never happen in a million years, but Chris Kunitz for the Jets' 2014 first rounder.
You are definitely right about that (not that Kunitz is a bad player).

Last edited by veganhunter: 10-30-2013 at 10:16 AM.
veganhunter is offline   Reply With Quote