View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 10:01 AM
kr580

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to kr580
Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrr View Post
I don't have the flexibility to do it, but I'm not sure exactly what to stretch or how to practice.
I learned it as a side effect of learning a mohawk transition. Think about when you do a mohawk: you turn your foot, point it the other way, plant and turn the other foot around to match. The act of reaching (when feet are facing separate ways) is how you achieve the ability to skate heel-to-heel. If you can't put your feet heel-to-heel then reach as far as you can when going from forwards to backwards or vice-versa. Every time you reach out you're stretching the things that need to be stretched to achieve this move. If you don't have the mobility now just reach as far as you can each time and do it frequently. I went from not even being able to make a 90 degree angle with my feet to being able to do laps around the rink heel-to-heel in 2 or 3 months and I wasn't even TRYING to learn that, haha. I just did forwards/backwards transitions over and over and over. Stick with it, do it frequently and you'll get it in no time.

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote