View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Agreed. Adding a Versteeg or Boyes isn't what the Jets need to take them to the next level. What they need (aside from a new coach) is to move one of the "untouchables" for some legit talent up front. IMO, the name that would net a great return and may be slightly expendable due to Trouba being...awesome is Toby Enstrom. I think he (plus a pick?) can net you a true top line talent.

The Jets 2.0 wanted to separate themselves from the Thrashers (understandably), but then they locked up Toby, Little, Wheeler, Kane, Bogo, Slater, and Pavelec. Add the few years left of Buff, Postma, and Ladd and many of the Thrash remain. I think a real shake up needs to happen. No more revolving door of Halischuks or Pelusos every year. Make a bold move.
I think you are exactly right. I've long been a Noel supporter and was willing to give him the time and necessary assets to ice a solid team, but I think we've got enough pieces here to be better than we are. Over the last 3 seasons since the team was relocated, it has failed to establish any sort of identity. That is a big problem. I am not seeing it with Noel and this group, I don't think it's ever going to work.

In my opinion this has gone on long enough now, we're in year 3 of the same old, same old. We've got a good, solid base but it needs help moving forward and taking that next step. We've got some promising prospects making way in Scheifele and Trouba among others from our drafts beginning to turn pro. But, something within the roots of this team has to be altered to change it's ways and give it a new identity. It's time to open the windows a bit here and air the house out.

Two things need to happen, in my opinion, for a new identity to be allowed to take it's place here,

1. Fire Noel.

2. Trade a piece from the core; it's evident it has to be done to shift this group from their current state. Most Jets fans agree Byfuglien is/will be the piece to move.

Those moves in itself would really change things, in my opinion. Would it work? Nobody knows, but it's worth trying at this point. I'll gladly eat my words and admit to being wrong if Noel and this team put it together, but I am not seeing it. There are evident issues here that need addressed in order for this organization to take the next step, or even have a chance at it. Other than that, we'll be swimming in mediocrity for a long time.