View Single Post
10-30-2013, 09:37 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Bogosian just signed a long ass contract. All of the Winnipeg guys are signed to long term rich contracts. I believe has suffered more than one concussion in last few years. The Jets awarded all of their players and they haven't done anything as a group. The Rangers shouldn't pay Girardi. Trade him. He blocks shots and is good on the PK. Is Staal planning to sign an extension this summer? The Rangers can't be sitting here this time next season with Staal unsigned. Another question is the injury factor. Will Staal ever become the same player he was before hurting his eye and do you want to commit long-term to him? Teams were willing to trade for Vanek knowing he has many connections to Minnesota. These questions are above our pay grade.
I agree about moving Girardi, but, I'd move him knowing that we have a younger replacement ready. And, while I believe McIlrath the ultimate Girardi replacement, you still need another RHD. Maybe Bogosian is not ideal, but, he's likely being paid less than what Girardi could be getting this off-season. Yes, Winnipeg overpaid Bogosian, but, I'm more willing to pay for a player who will be reaching his peak at those contract terms, than one starting the downside of his career.