View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 09:47 AM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallydull View Post
Exactly this.

Team plays like **** under Quinn - fire the coach!
Team plays like **** under Renney - fire the coach!
Team plays like **** under Krueger - fire the coach!
Team plays like **** under Eakins - fire the coach!

There's a common denominator here and it's NOT the coach.

I can't believe I'm saying this but we should be taking a good, long, hard look at these players that we're wanting to lead us to the promised land because so far all that skill hasn't meant ****.
Exactly right. The coach scapegoating has gone to ridiculous levels and it's the same **** every year. Now, the fans are longing for Krueger, longer for Renney the year before etc. After a while, it's becoming obvious that it's a player issue more than a coaching issue and unfortunately, i think it starts with the core and their clique type of mentality, only wanting to play on a line with each other, refusing to pass to anybody other than the 3 of them, refusing to buy into any system etc.
Yakupov and Schultz should also be included in this since they have no structure whatsoever in their game. Yes, it's only their 2nd season but i'd like to see at least a little buy in to a team game from them two and we have seen nothing of the sort.
The 5 of them thus far have shown to be incapable of absorbing the small details of the game and applying it to gametime.

I think it's time that the kids start taking some of the blame for the team failures. It's always coaches, vets and support players who get the blame yet the cast around the kids keeps changing and the same results remain. They are all in their 20s now, it's time to stop playing like boys and start playing like men.
Until they learn to play a "team" game, stop with the dangling BS, constantly cheating in the neutral zone looking for a stretch pass and learn to simplify their game and buy in to system play then this team will never go anywhere. The fate of this team rests on the shoulders of the core kids, not the vets, goaltending, coaches etc.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote