View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 10:55 AM
Dorian2
Positional Bias.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_oil View Post
Goaltending has definately cost us some games early on but it's not the problem lately. We got beat 4-0 last night. Tough to blame goaltending on that one, we didn't score. We have a bad PP, bad PK, can't score, not fortitude, on and on and on.

Don't get me wrong, we don't have great goaltending but only a few teams do. Blaming goaltending lets everyone else off the hook and they don't deserve to be let off the hook.
Sorry...can't agree. We do have some major deficiencies in many places, but to me, the #1 issue is indeed the goaltending. When a good goalie stops a puck from going in the net, even though it is deemed a sure goal (Kessel for example), it changes the momentum of the team in front of him. The lack of our goaltending being able to make any big saves has, and is continuing, to inhibit this change of momentum.

I hear all this other stuff in here and on the radio/tv, like top line vs top line, PK, back checking etc. I know it's an issue, but the tending seems to get a pass for some reason.

Are we getting so used to ****** goaltending that no one seems to think it's the #1 issue?

Dorian2 is online now   Reply With Quote