Old
10-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Soli
Supervision Required

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I don't think so.

McKeown isn't quite dynamic enough, imo. He's more of a Ryan Suter type.

I think Ekblad has a higher offensive ceiling as well as a size/physicality package that McKeown can only dream of.
People are raving about his +/- but I wonder how deceiving that is playing on the Frontenacs. Those that watch are saying he's playing some outstanding defensive hockey. But absolutely, he doesn't possess the physical tools that are going to be the gap he can't bridge between their two stocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DousedInOil View Post
I haven't been following this years draft class that closely but I haven't noticed any big centers at the top end of the draft. Dal Colle and Virtanen would be nice along the wings but I don't see us drafting another winger. Anyone know if these guys project to be centers? Or am I missing anyone?
I'd say you're looking at Dal Colle and shifting him back to center. He's been playing LW and sparingly at center throughout the year, but his game is all about taking the puck to the net and he's got some terrific mitts in close. Maybe take a shot at Sam Bennett. He's about 6 feet, so not necessarily big, but by all accounts he's physically aggressive. After that, I'd be looking at Jared McCann. These are all likely Top-10 picks.

But if we hold the position we're in, I'd want Ekblad. If he was 4 years along and left handed, he'd be exactly what we need right now. You can't trade for these guys, got to draft them.