View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 11:33 AM
Moose Coleman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Exactly right. The coach scapegoating has gone to ridiculous levels and it's the same **** every year. Now, the fans are longing for Krueger, longer for Renney the year before etc. After a while, it's becoming obvious that it's a player issue more than a coaching issue and unfortunately, i think it starts with the core and their clique type of mentality, only wanting to play on a line with each other, refusing to pass to anybody other than the 3 of them, refusing to buy into any system etc.
I don't believe it's one or the other or that the two are separate. IMO, it's a lot easier to get players (especially young players) to buy into a system when they aren't learning a new system every bloody year. Not to say the players don't bear the responsibility, obviously, but a little consistency would help this team a lot. I think Eakins is going to be around for a while and it's going to take time to break down some of the bad habits and such. It's just a shame Eakins hasn't been able to hide behind all world goaltending like other rookie coaches one could mention.

Moose Coleman is online now   Reply With Quote