Thread: Speculation: David Rundblad
View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 12:01 PM
cobra427

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Isn't Schlemko injured? And Klesla? Looks like it's his turn.

It would be a shame if he demanded a trade and flew back to Sweden just days before his opportunity came up.

I wouldn't blame him, though. If I were David Rundblad, I'd demand a trade.

I don't even really blame Dave Tippett. Offense from our blueline has been in surplus. What we've lacked on the back-end is defensive reliability. It makes sense to do what Tippett has done.

That said, from an asset management/greater long-term good of the franchise stand-point, Don Maloney really botched this. It makes sense for Dave Tippett to choose Schlemko over Rundblad. It does not make sense for Maloney to do the same. Rundblad is the the better long-term asset and he should've taken this decision out of DT's hands one way or another. Either parlay the asset into something else by trading Rundlbad, or trade Schlemko and effectively force DT to play Rundblad, without directly ordering him to. Both men maintain autonomy this way and there is less of a conflict of interest, sort of issue.

I hope Rundblad hasn't run off and demanded a trade. If he hasn't, I wonder why not.
Agreed, Dmo, OEL, and Yandle are top 15 for D scoring, so our strength is what Runblad would offer. DM will make the right move when it presents itself. Runblad had to know he could possibly sit with the depth of our D before he signed the contract. If Schlemko is hurt, he might get his chance now. No need for DM to give him away for a second or third round pick, he signed a contract, gets to honor it now...

cobra427 is online now   Reply With Quote