Thread: Speculation: David Rundblad
View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 01:25 PM
cobra427

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
This doesn't help the oganization's image when it comes to young players. Rundblad lead the team in points during the preseason, yet can't even get into a game for ten straight games. Are you kidding me? What could he have possibly done to draw such ire from Tippett? I'm not a big sympathize with trade demands but it would be warranted in this instance. He can't develop and have a career in the pressbox.

I don't buy the "we have plenty of offense right now" argument. Rundblad can move the puck and that helps you keep the puck. He isn't measurably worse than Stone or Schlemko in his own end.

I hope Sara's story sheds some light on this.
Name 2 defensemen on one team you would take over OEL and Yandle? We might have the top 2 in the NHL. No image problems developing young D men. Pre-season points don't really matter. We all know he can get points. He needed to be, and still needs to be, more solid defensively, and make less mistakes, and he is worse then Stone or Schlemko in his own end. He clearly is better then both offensively, so he must be way worse defensively or he would be playing. I do agree that he can't develop in the press box, but he can learn in practice and he might just have to be patient for now. If Schlemko is hurt, he might get a shot now.

I like Runblad a lot and I think he will be a top 4, maybe top 2 D in a few years. But, I totally see why Tip has not played him yet and playing him, if he is complaining or asking to be traded is the wrong answer. Runblads own improvement, injuries, or a trade, and he will be playing on a regular basis, patience....

cobra427 is offline   Reply With Quote