View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 01:48 PM
gillesgilbert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc5hole View Post
Hmm ... not a word about Caron ... guess his detractors are looking at his 1-0-1 -1 line in 8 GP and thinking "just a few more games" and it'll be same story, different year. If so, they'll be right, sort of.

I'll admit entering non-plussed about the sweeteners Boston got in with Eriksson, but Reilly Smith has been fairly sparky thus far.

Where it concerns the question, clearly Krug for me. Looking at his open-ice speed disadvantage, I'm thinking this kid's got little chance once the book is out at being successful in this role for a Cup contender, but he continues to amaze. It's early yet, but Krug is such a competitor and so tough in battle that you can't help forgetting about an ideal situation speed-wise and just flat-out enjoying watching him play. Terrific character.
Krug's skating ability is comparable to Wayne Gretzky. Not much straight line speed but outstanding balance,maneuverability and agility.He also has very good acceleration and it is not like he skates in a straight line that much anyway.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote