View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 03:21 PM
sens83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mark Stone tied with SDC in Bingo for the most pts last season in the regular season, in his first pro-season? And wasn't he also tied with Wideman in last yr's playoffs for most pts although the team lost in the first round? Some of us are very interested in Stone because he seems to put up pts everywhere he has been. He was second in scoring in the 2011-2012 season in the WHL with 123 pts & was Canada's top scorer in the WJC that yr. He has had his share of injuries though, that is a concern but his offensive abilities are intriguing to say the least.
He may have been, but he is the kind of player that doesn't really seem to make an impact but i guess ends up doing so. A lot of people have the same dislike of Greening up in Ottawa, even though he still ends up putting up his numbers.

I don't see Stone being the kind of player people think he is going to be. I think Ottawa has a lot of average forward prospects but with the exception of Ziba, Puempel, Lazar, I don't see any "studs".