View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 04:16 PM
Sens Rule

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
do we really need fancy numbers to tell us what has been plainly obvious thus far?

i don't think Karlsson is sacrificing his defense to put up more points, which means he'll continue to put up points, it's just him and the defense have been bad
Exactly. Does anyone think Karlsson doesn't try defensively? Or isn't aware that his defensive game isn't where it was in his Norris year? He is a supreme competitor. He knows where he is struggling. It isn't as simple as.... I will just stop making any mistakes.

I don't think it is his skating that much. I find his skating fine. He just isn't 100% firing on all cylinders mentally. Making misjudgements, the whole team is off. It is pretty clear. Last year we somehow had the 2nd best defence in the NHL and 2 years ago one of the better offences when Spezza and Karlsson were healthy.

Karlsson is clearly going to come around. Even playing the worst hockey since his rookie year he is about a PPG and leading D men in scoring. 12 games. Not a big sample size. He should be no where in the Norris discussion right now. He might be in April with 90+ points and a vastly improved defensive game like he had in 2011/12.

Are we serious ripping apart our Norris winning D-Man and sprouting trade Spezza threads all over these boards? Really? Both have struggled and both are STILL among the points leaders. In every game we gave won, it was because of those 2 directly. Are either playing well now? Nope. In the next SEVENTY games should we expect that to continue? Not very likely. We are a 3 game winning streak away from being in the mix in the East and there is 7/8th of the season left to play. It isn't panic time, or rip Karlsson time!

Sens Rule is online now   Reply With Quote