View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 05:15 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Hornqvist is 3.5 years older than voracek lets not forget. So to compare him to a guy that was only 21 when hornqvist was 24.5 is not very fair. That's like comparing filip forsberg to John Tavares.

Someone up above (triggrman), asked why isn't voracek performing, well that's a fair question, but I think the entire Philly team isn't performing. Does that mean giroux stinks as well?
I just think with Philly struggling right now it's prime for a team like us to swoop in an land a guy like voracek.

If anyone thinks voracek would not be our leading scorer by seasons end with this current group of forwards, then you are wrong. Plain and simple. Last season our leading scorer was defenseman Shea weber. ''Defense''man.
Gordie Howe is decades older so using your flawed logic where age determines production, he should come back and be the greatest scorer in history. The fact is Hornqvist routinely puts up more goals than Voracek with 08-09 and the lockout season (Hornqvist with less than 28 games in each of those) as the only times where Voracek scored more. Let's look at this year where the Preds' offense is lambasted for poor performance .... once again Hornqvist with more goals so far.

Let's not forget how many of our scoring forwards missed significant parts of last season ... Fisher missed ten games, Bourque missed fourteen, Wilson twenty-three.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote