What's our real problem?
View Single Post
10-30-2013, 09:06 PM
Join Date: Aug 2009
I got a long list...
1. Bad goaltending and nothing looking promising in the pipeline
2. Horrible defence. Jeff Petry is our #1 but would be a #3/4 on a good team.
3. Lack of confidence. Many years of losing have had their toll on our guys.
4. Lack of grit in the lineup. The Oilers get pushed around and can't do anything about it.
5. Bad scouting. You'd think with 30th, 30th, 29th and 23th finishes, we'd have an amazing prospect cupboard right now but almost every guy outside the 1st overall picks(actually Yakupov isn't looking good so far) isn't looking like a future NHL regular
The Oilers were build from the offence and out and that has screwed them.
If we want to see a contending them, one of Hall, Eberle or Yakupov have to go for a true stud d-man, weather we like it or not. Signing/acquiring a true #1 goalie is the main priority right now IMO
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Xoto86