View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Baggers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaDeteta View Post
Would that be so bad? The group we have now are not winners.
Yes, it would be. Tampa fans are basically at the point of lynching Schiano.

I wouldn't say that players on the team aren't winners - Hall won multiple memorial cups, Eberle was a regular for Canadian national junior teams, Ference has won the Stanley Cup,... Eakins might be a good coach, but he is not a fit for a young team. So many players are playing worse than last year, and not just the kids (Smid, Dubnyk). The only player that has upped his game is Hemsky, and he was good last year until he got injured. Someone suggested Laviolette as a replacement and I would fully back that - the team needs a veteran coach that has a strong systems approach.

Earlier in he thread, I brought up the way Savard was sacked in Chicago, and there are a lot of parallels to the Oilers current situation. At that point, the Hawks had been crap for about a decade, had selected a lot of high draft picks and had a neophyte coach. They brought in Quenneville, who had been viewed as a good, veteran system coach who hadn't had success in the playoffs and the team turned it around almost overnight.