View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 09:14 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
oof...i just dont see that comparison at all. I think people forget just how the e-train played.

Lindros was physically imposing/dominant/intimidating. Kreider isnt. He's got a freakish natural skill set, but he doesnt scare people with his physical size or hitting, he scares people because he can shoot the puck like a laser and is insanely fast.
Lindros had Crosby like scoring skills and Lucic like size, mean streak and fighting ability. Lindros career went haywire because of all the concussions but he handed out way more concussions than the 8 he got back. I think one reason the boarding major for nailing someone in the numbers into the boards is somewhat due to him. There were times when he seemed to be putting people in the hospital right and left and for several years he was the best forward in the league. That's a hell of a combination.

The Rangers always had Beukeboom on the ice against Lindros. Those two had wars. The battles between Staal and Ovechkin very, very pale by comparison. Beukeboom was huge and a big hitter and a very good fighter. I remember one playoff series that Beukeboom knocked 3 Panthers out of action. Johan Garpenlov who was hardly small braced himself to take a hit and Beukeboom went right through him--broke Garpenlov's leg. The Flyers were big and nasty but the Rangers were super tough as well.