View Single Post
Old
10-30-2013, 09:42 PM
rboomercat90

vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
The thing is, MacT's moves have been decent.
They had an OK draft, he made the move for MPS for Perron, his UFA signings were all pretty good.
The biggest problem this team has is they don't play like a team. Until they start buying in and playing as a team they won't win games.
The MPS for Perron trade appears to be working out well. I don't know how you can view the draft as much of a success outside of drafting Nurse. He passed up on several decent looking picks in the second round to draft down and it will be years before we know either way if it was successful or not. He had a big press conference the day before the draft announcing all of his plans and then everything fell apart on him. I lost count of all the times the TSN cameras caught him with a bewildered look on his face. Hard to call that a successful day.
As far as his free agent signings go, this teams record is 3-9-2. How successful have any of them really been? He overpays for Gordon, a defensive center, and then his rookie coach refuses to play him against other teams top lines. Ference isn't noticeable at all. Joensuu looked good in game 1 and has only been healthy enough to play in one other game. Grebeshkov was waived. The decision to bring in Macintyre was a waste of a contract. Labarbera has been awful. Belov is the only free agent who is playing well. Acton looks like he made a bad team because his father is a coach. Who have I missed?
Mac t's moves have been just like Tambellini's were, they always garnered rave reviews in the summertime but they did absolutely nothing to fill any of the teams glaring holes.

rboomercat90 is online now   Reply With Quote