View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 02:46 AM
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse

vCash: 500
The biggest positive that I can see is that our 5 on 5 play has improved significantly. That is huge. If our special teams can get to where they were last season, or better, this team is going to win significantly more hockey games.

I'm a bigger supporter of Eakins now than I was at the beginning of the season. As a fan, I'm buying in to what he's trying to accomplish. He's got a long-term vision for the team, and he's the most determined coach that I've seen in a long while. He's taking the shortest route possible toward this team's success, but he isn't taking any short cuts either.

I also think that we have a GM who knows the score, and he doesn't seem prepared to do anything stupid, which is a relief to me. I think that he would trade anyone from our line up, don't get me wrong, but I also don't foresee him making any foolish trades. A reactionary move that saw us on the losing side of a major deal would be a huge step backwards as a franchise, so I'm glad that our GM seems prepared to wait until he can get full value in return for any of our star young players. I really think that we are only a couple of trades away from becoming a competitive team right now, but it has to be the right one or two trades.

It's hard to watch sometimes (much of the time, actually), but staying the course is important. I do see a light at the end of the tunnel here, and, like other fans on here, I can't wait to be basking in the warm glow of that light for years to come!

Hockey Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote