Thread: Joe Battista
View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Ethan Edwards

vCash: 500
Joe Battista

I didn't see this posted elsewhere (apologies if I'm duplicating), but I think it's a very interesting, easy to overlook, move for the Sabres and is worth mentioning. Joe Battista is leaving as Penn State's Associate AD for hockey related activities for Terry Pegula's company:

From Penn Live: “I will be responsible for hockey development and strategic initiatives across the entire spectrum of the Pegula’s hockey organizations,” Battista’s statement explained. “I will work in collaboration with Buffalo Sabres President Ted Black, General Manager Darcy Reiger, and Chief Development Officer Cliff Benson, as well as HarborCenter CEO John Koelmel to maximize communication and to coordinate, implement, and optimize all our hockey related business."

I'm not sure how much of an impact that will have on the on-ice product for the Sabres, but he is a fixture at Penn State, local hockey royalty, and will be missed. But irrespective of what the above quote actually translates to, he's a great pick-up for the Sabres. This guy knows hockey, both the business side and the on-ice side, something arguably lacking within the Pegula enterprise if you look at his crew individually. I hope this works out in Buffalo's favor moving forward as I know Pegula values Joe B.'s opinion on all facets of hockey matters.

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.../post_378.html

Ethan Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote