Thread: Denmark: Danes in the NHL 2013-14
View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 09:12 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Since I'm not up late to watch watches and have to settle with highlights I can really speak volumes about the current play of Frans Nielsen & Peter Regin.
But shooting more would normally increase your production, and to be able to shoot more you have to be more direct in your approach.
So it seems likely that Frans Nielsen has been changing his game a little bit as you say "admire", whereas Regin has apparently lost his offensive touch? At least he has some defensive intensity right now, that was lacking last season if I'm correct from what I hear!?

According to the Islanders boards he has been OK as a 3'rd center defensively, but hasn't shown anything really offensively.
Whether he has been "pisspoor" as VikingNuck says is also an opinion by some Islanders fans.

But unless he starts to produce more he will not survive on the 3'rd line much more, and he is not typical 4'th line material.
Can he produce some secondary scoring and keep a good defensive game then he still have a chance season out; but long term there likely wont be room for him on the Islanders.

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote