Old
10-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analysis_paralysis

Not so uncommon among rookies in their first year of professional sports, I would venture to guess. Kreider had no problem moving his feet in the playoffs 2 years ago. Why? Because Torts didn't give him a lot to think about. The following year, he had to learn the system, learn his responsibilities, learn how to be a professional. And yes, Torts wasn't exactly the most forgiving person when it came to mistakes, particularly in a lockout shortened season.

The idea that Kreider's struggles stemmed from a lack of effort is a crock.
I've theorized a few times in the past that this kind of thing seems to be Kreider's MO. He wasn't great when he first got to BC, either. He needed time to wrap his head around the college game before he could allow his natural abilities to take over. Same thing is true for the pro game. To me, that's what seems to have happened here with him. He needs to internalize what's happening around him and his reactions to the parts of his game that aren't his strengths become somewhat automatic. That allows him to maximize the parts of his game that are his strengths. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Also, a little OT, but I really feel like most of the team has had analysis paralysis in this first portion of the season. Particularly our defensemen.