View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushleaguer View Post
looooong time lurker on these boards, finally got around to registering so i could join in the fun.

I think what it comes down to from my perspective is that there is a growing segment of the fanbase that is tired of "Predators Hockey", and wants a change. I gave up my season tickets prior to last season primarily for that reason. I feel like i know the ceiling for Trotz/Poile, and i want more than what they are capable of providing. I've seen enough to come to the conclusion we'll never be a team that goes deep into the playoffs with Trotz and Poile at the helm. I'm ready to give someone else a chance. Could it turn out worse? Absolutely, but I'm not content with the status quo, so that's a risk I'm hugely in favor of taking.

At the risk of going off topic, Iron Duke - how did you end up becoming a Preds fan? I was born and raised in San Dimas, moved to Nashville for work in 2001 and slowly shifted allegiances from the Kings to the Preds. Took a couple of years, but eventually i shifted over 100%.
Grew up as a diehard Kings fan. Gradually started following more and more teams, and due to the character and work ethic of the Preds ("Trotz hockey" being part of it), and my affection for the South (History/Civil War nerd...mind you, I don't mean that in a pro-slavery/Lost Cause sort of way ), they became one of the my staple teams. After the Dave Taylor/Andy Murray firings, Lombardi cleaning house, and the Kings showing no real interest in competing, my love of that org waned. I still follow and support them and the Ducks, but the Preds are my team of choice.

I'm afraid I already know the answer, but how do you like Nashville compared to So Cal?

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote