View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 04:32 PM
Bushleaguer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I'm afraid I already know the answer, but how do you like Nashville compared to So Cal?
Never expected to find someone from San Dimas pulling for the Preds, but I totally get how that happened. I was 11 when Gretzky came to LA, which is pretty much to the day when i started caring about hockey. I know how hard it was to stay excited about the Kings though. So happy Luc finally got a Cup with them though.

Nashville compared to So Cal? I LOVE it here. Music and the outdoors are two of my biggest passions, and Nashville (and pretty much all of TN) really excels at both. It's so much easier to get tickets to concerts here than LA, and this is a much more musically diverse city than it gets credit for. I do a lot of backpacking also, and TN has some incredible state parks to explore. I may have had a fear that I'd be bored living here after moving from So Cal, but that couldn't be farther from the truth. Every friend I've had come visit from back home has wanted to pack up and move here. It's a very welcoming town. I've also been to probably 10 different NHL arenas, and none of them have compared to the atmosphere at Bridgestone. Not to mention the Preds have a much more intelligent fanbase than they get credit for. Sure there are some rednecks that show up, but I'm constantly impressed at the level of hockey knowledge our fanbase has.

In closing, as a fellow native of San Dimas, pack up and move out here. You won't regret it! I have the water tanks tattooed on my forearm, that's good enough for me

Bushleaguer is offline   Reply With Quote