View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 03:44 PM
McTedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
And how do you know you're actually "improving the mix"? Just because you've ticked off a box on a preconceived need? We've seen examples of players being brought in on that basis and failing (IMO Ference is one of those: all "grit" and "leadership" but depressingly lacking when it comes to performance on the ice). In my opinion, it's never a smart idea to trade productive young players/potential stars for complimentary players unless you have a gun to your head.
I dunno, Ference came exactly as advertised. I am not really surprised or disappointed by Ference. Ference brings calm and composure to his position, on a team where every time we get pinned in our zone and it looks like circus clown fire drill this attribute is worth learning by our younger players. He hasn't necessarily been as physical as I would have liked to see but maybe that will start to show when bigger games are on the line. Such a small sample size so far to truly evaluate if he can actually get this team turned around with him as a leader.