View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 04:09 PM
RaabHart
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
I don't necessarily have a problem with trading him (he'd be the first out the door if I had to choose). But I'd rather see him traded for something better than what we've seen proposed, ideally a #1 or potential #1 D.
O don't get me wrong I would to, but what true number 1 defenceman is available? Teams don't trade those guys because they no how much they're worth to their respective teams. When I look at the deal with Philly I ask myself does this make us a better TEAM and its a resounding YES. Simmonds bring the grit & skill that we've been missing in the top 6. Everyone is screaming for a guy like this! Then you get a player with a ton of upside in Couturier who IMO is going to be a beast of a two way player in a few years(think Martin Hanzal who scores more points). Couturier also plays LW so he could help Gordon anchor that 3rd line for now and hopefully a guy like Pitlick on the other side. Then you get a guy like Coburn who plays tougher then Smid, can actually make a pass and can be relied upon to play 20+ minutes a night. IMO he's the perfect partner for Petry or J.Schultz. This is a no brainer deal for me but I really dislike Smid so I'm somewhat biased.