View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 05:00 PM
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Nope. I know you are not his biggest fan and are one of the people on here that typically give him lots o crap. I just think the criticism is a bit much.

I'm curious though..nobody seems to suggest how the Flyers would fill his minutes? I'm not necessarily against moving him but it has to make sense. I'm just seeing a lot of hate and comments like he is stupid etc....
I'm with you 100%. Coburn gets crapped on and sometimes it's warranted but he's not nearly as bad as made out to be. Timonen should not be anywhere near 20 minutes like some of you are saying and Mez shouldn't see the light of day on the flyers blue line again. Really, who does everyone think is going to step up and play the minutes Coburn does? Who deserves it based on their play? Right now Coburn is probably the best all around d man on this team(which isn't saying a lot). The flyers defenseive problems go further than Braydon Coburn. If he's traded for a prospect like Nathan Beaulieu who cannot earn a full time spot with the Habs, it would be closer to the deadline if the flyers are out of the playoffs and are sure he doesn't fit in the teams future anymore.

Most of you complained about him against the ducks the other night when he played a great game minus one blunder. This is from Bill meltzer on Coburn from the ducks game-

* Lost in the face of the team's utter collapse over the final 25 minutes was an outstanding individual game for Braydon Coburn. This was the "good Cobie" tonight. He used his speed, making quick and effective decisions, playing a little bit physical and even leading a rush or two in his blueline-high 22:41 of ice time over 27 shifts.

NHLAlert is offline   Reply With Quote