View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 05:35 PM
duul

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
No I didn't. But Eberle > Dubinsky and Umberger... Tyutin is hardly a major upgrade on Smid, and I like Tyutin.

If you've never bothered reading my posts, every time someone brings up trading for Weber I point out that it will never happen as Nashville already paid for 1/3rd of his contract... so yea, not sure where you're getting that idea from.

Also, again if you've never bothered reading my posts, I've said a number of times that we should have traded Eberle for a d-man when his value was at his peak, after his 76 point season.
Eberle is more skilled than both Dubinsky and Umberger, but look at our mock lineups before and after this trade. How can you possibly say anything other than our team is majorly upgraded? Tyutin can play as a #1, although obviously not like the Weber's and Keith's of the game. He is a good stop gap for the next couple years.

I was being facetious, because you seem to think no deal is good enough to trade Eberle in. And you say yourself we should have traded him a few years ago, but unfortunately time passes and we're in the present.

He's a good player, but he is the prime candidate to be traded to improve multiple parts of our team. Just like Columbus improved greatly by trading Nash, we improve greatly by trading Eberle.