View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 06:09 PM
duul

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
I already said I like the Nash trade for Columbus but I'm not going to jump to the conclusion that it completely turned their franchise around until there's some results. That being said, I do like the group of players they assembled.

Tyutin, Dubinsky, Foligno are all good players, but I don't see why either team does this.

From CBJ POV: Gaborik, Horton, Atkinson all play RW.
From Edmonton POV: Smid is cheaper, signed longer, and not a major step back from Tyutin. It's trading Eberle to upgrade our 3rd line and make a minor improvement at D. Unless Dubinsky is playing top 6, why trade for him? And if he does play top 6, where are you going to fit him?
Pretty easy solution. They make their first line Gaborik-Anisimov-Eberle. Dubinsky plays in the top 6 LW or C spot and you move Gagner to the wing if that happens.

Hall-RNH-Hemsky
Dubinsky-Gagner-Yakupov
Perron-Gordon-Umberger
Joensuu-Arcobello-Eager

I'm not sure how you can argue against that. That lineup is simply more balanced and will get you more wins. The difference between Smid and Tyutin is that Smid can't be responsible enough to play #1 minutes while Tyutin can. He is a legitimate #1, although at the lower end of the spectrum. He fills the gap we have there until Nurse hopefully fills into that in a year or two.

Just look at that top 9. Line can even be changed around to make it better. I was thinking a line of Joensuu-Gordon-Umberger would be an outstanding puck possession/shutdown line.