View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 06:34 PM
breadman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeModano9 View Post
I'd trade Smid for sure this year of we can get good value. His game is regressing imo and if we could get something decent in return now while we can, I'd jump all over it.

I totally agree with you. I'm from Montreal and was at the game when we played the Habs. He was totally useless: couldn't skate, had a hard time with the puck and a liability in his own end.

I also would like to include that maybe trading Yakupov to get a stud D now that his value is still high would be a good idea. My reasoning was from what i have seen on TV and when i was at the game was that he is a lazy player and does not give his everything on every shift or at least bring his "A" game every night. From what i saw that game except for the last two shifts of the Habs game that he is disinterested most of the time and not that good of a skater plus he looks lost most of the time; doesn't play his position well and isn't responsible in picking up his guy. I know he is young and needs to mature but i think now is the best time to pull the trigger on him and get that stud D who can log those big minutes......hell i would even throw in my 1st round pick.

The only problem is that nobody would consider trading that stud defenceman and thus we are stuck waiting and hoping for Nurse to be that guy.