View Single Post
10-31-2013, 09:32 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Nashville Transplant View Post
According to the official AHL stat sheet, Milwaukee played 6 defensemen, and actually skated one player under the limit...
My mistake. The D-men were paired up initially, i.e. Ford(R) with Piskula(L). During the second period, it was different. Ford didn't play for about 5 minutes or so in the middle of the period. I saw a lot of Ruth as the Ads went with 5 D-men, sometimes changing only one at a time. The only pattern that I spotted was a lefty on the left and a righty on the right most of the time. It was confusing to me. I have been watching hockey games since 1964 and don't remember so many D changes in a period. I saw Bitetto (L) with Ruth (R), Bitetto with Valentine(L) and maybe Ford with Valentine.

The player short was Salomaki (LW). He was a late scratch. Rodney(L) is suspended and Jarvinen(L) is hurt. Henderson (LW) is also out. It is possible that Valentine played some wing in the first period. He was near the Texas goal a few times, much more so than a D-man would play, especially since the Ads were being outshot 7-1.