View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 10:00 PM
moog35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
One thing I found interesting. He's admitted that he had to go back and teach basic traditional defense which is pretty freakin sad. He assumed the players knew how to do that and while he didn't do a poll in the room, he could tell on the players' faces that they had no clue. That's a telling sign that it isn't all his fault. It sounds like the players were never taught much of anything from the previous coaches defensive wise and it would make sense, as most nights, they were outshot and out played. This year though, many games they haven't been out shot and out played, so it is working. But, since it wasn't wired into their heads about the defensive side of the puck all these years, it's going to take time.

I don't want this team playing like Colorado, where it's all run and gun or like in the past where that's what they did. Sooner or later, that is going to come back to bite you in the butt. Defense wins playoff games and defense wins championships. I'd rather this team lose, but get taught and learn the defensive side of the puck, than play run and gun with no defense and win. Because that system might work for awhile, but what type of run and gun team with no defense and gets outshot and out played many nights, has won the cup recently? Exactly.

There are things he's doing wrong, but there's a lot of things he's doing right. In the end, I do think it will pay off.

People are calling for his head and want Kreuger back. But if we all remember, 5 on 5 play was atrocious. The team's 5 on 5 play with Eakins is so much better, it's not even funny. I'd rather the team be in this situation than last year because PK ad PP can be fixed. 5 on 5 play is the most important moving forward and isn't easily fixable.

/end rant
Sounds like hes placing the blame on the old coaching staff and throwing them under the bus. There is no way a guy like Renney who is very tactical and has coached NHL playoff games and national team games doesn't know what basic d-zone coverage is. Krueger would haveknown that to, I mean junior B coaches no that stuff