Thread: Czech Republic: WJC 2014 Roster - Prediction
View Single Post
Old
10-31-2013, 10:44 PM
czechcanadian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
From what we hear, it does sound like the players you mentioned are going to be stud prospects. Hopefully they continue their trajectory and lead the Czech team to a medal in the coming years.

How do you think these guys compare to Hertl and Faksa? Will any of them be taken higher in the draft?
To be honest, i havent seen enough to really say.. But Faksa and Hertl were drafted in 2012.. it was a defence heavy draft, with limited offensive competition. Different story in this upcoming draft. Lots of unreal offensive talent that these kids have to contend with. So that makes it tough to say.
I personally believe that Vrana and Pastrnak could very possibly be better in their overall game vs Hertl and Faksa. And Faksa was just plain terrible at last years WJC IMO.
But many of the past group players were just average skaters. Frk, Hertl, Musil... Czechs overall team speed was very slow and thats partly why i think they didnt get a medal.. Goaltending as well of course..
But its different with these upcoming guys.. they are MUCH better skaters and still match the skill of Frk, Hertl, Musil, Jaskin etc.. So i think at the absolute least, that these 96 and 97 born players, will be battling for a bronze in these next few years at the WJC's. I do think its a reasonably stronger group.

czechcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote