View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 12:38 AM
JC704

vCash: 500
I was there tonight, and Buffalo at the moment is awful, but from what I saw, Kreider's defensive play has drastically gotten better. I think he's finally responsible enough to the point where the coaching staff can feel relieved to leave him on the ice in bigger situations. He's back checking, communicating with teammates (and its noticeable) and out muscling other players on the boards for pucks in his own end. Still has a way to go, but he has really improved from last season.

I also believe that the early injuries might have been a blessing in disguise. He doesn't look like he's thinking anymore, at all. He's going and he's playing, and the results are there for all of us to see. He scored again tonight, going to/near the net, off a rebound. He was poised, collected himself VERY quickly and shot it in from an incredibly tough angle. His skill has been on full display this season. If you guys thought Zucc-Stepan-Kreider looked great together, imagine what a healthy Callahan can do on that line, bumping down Zucc to once again play with Brassard. The All-American Line IS coming. That line is going to wear a lot of teams down.

Edit: I hate making comparisons, but Kreider has honestly looked like JVR these last few games. He's been actually using his size and pounding near the net, making skilled plays EVERYWHERE on the ice, getting himself into great spots and shooting the puck like crazy. He's finally playing tenaciously.

Last edited by JC704: 11-01-2013 at 12:43 AM.