Thread: Confirmed with Link: Steve Downie traded to Flyers for Max Talbot
View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 01:51 AM
LegionOfDoom91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolankosf View Post
It's funny when rival fans get scared, isn't it? If I was PIT, I'd be very worried about a line of Steve-Schenn-Simmer or Rinaldo-Hall-Downie being rolled out against Crosby's or Malkin's line.
It wasn't fans (at least what I was talking about), it was two of their reporters from the Tribune. My guess is they were happy that it is cool to like Talbot again. The one guy wrote an article about how Letang should be the Norris winner last year & then a few months later wrote another article about how he shouldn't get anymore than $6M because he's not an elite defensemen. That's the type of morons we're dealing with there.

Although another one of them from the other paper there did tweet that Downie was a good player & brought up how put he 6 points in 6 playoff games against the Pens when with Tampa a few years ago.

As for Pens fans being scared, I don't think they really care about this move or the ramifications of it. They just like trashing anything Flyers related much like we do with them.

Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 11-01-2013 at 01:56 AM.
LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote