View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Tedi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
Lol that quote is being used out of context, lets forget that he called that cleary would have to make his career as a checker, that schremp and other lowe picks were not gonna hack it in the nhl, got the most out of penner with the least talent to surround him with, and by name selected tge players lowe should target in 06.

MacT is why i believe this team is on the right track. Only a fool would believe the AHL squad of 20012-13 would be instantly transformed unto a Nhl playoff team.

THIS ISNT NHL 14. You cant just change over your systems and players and trade for anyone you like while expecting it all to fall into place. MacT went for Schneider and was willing to give up the nurse pick but adding magnus would have meant st.louis had the asset to get perron with the sedins...AND we had no one interested in Dubnyk. Do you want perron playing with the sedins? He went hard for Bernier, he landed Perron, Gordon, and Ference. Two of those three players have been our best and most consistent skaters, while the third is seeing just how bad our team defense really is.

To me MacT is the only reason i have faith that this will turn around. It wont happen this year though. MacT needs a trade deadline and another off season. Hopefully Eakins can save Smyth and Hemmer for january and get them a hot four weeks to achieve best value for them at the deadline.

I am also a realist. I told everyone to shake their heads and their enthusiasm after the meaningless preseayson. This was going to be a hard road with top centres injured, new systems under a rookie coach, and still using ahl players to fill gaps in the roster, while the defense is made if alot of dmen which has not one as a true top pair. And we still have the shoddy goaltenders.

It can be turned around if GMs are prepared to play ball... But dont count on it. Alot of GMs dont feel the pressure to move players.
Hemsky has value at the TDL if he continues to play good. Smyth will not be traded as he is getting ready to ride off into the sunset, I sincerely doubt that he wants to be a rental player this late in his career.

Tedi is offline   Reply With Quote