View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 03:35 AM
Ola

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Lately we have been able to see lines clicking even when not scoring. It's better and the best thing for me is they are doing fundamental stuff like getting in front and screening.
100% agree.

Look, who doesn't miss a sniper at times? You see those blasts on NHL Tonight and think, hey, wouldn't be bad to have one of those huh? I don't disagree.

But in reality, snipers aren't the ones who scores the mass majority of goals in this leauge. Id be suprised if they scored 10+% of "sniper" plays. Goals are scored by getting pucks to the net and by going there. Just look at the highlights from last night, we have 3-4 plays where we take the puck to the net, and then end up having 3 guys within 6 feets of the goal line just jamming away at it without getting it over the goal line.

Its a helluva lot more important to play well. The SF/SA was just insane for a team with its two best wingers out. Lets be realistic here, we can still be exposed and we are still in danger. We are still in that darn hole. We won't be safe unless we play perfect hockey for two (more?) months. And if we get into trouble again for stints, we will have to fight for sure untill game 82. That is reality. But IMO we are for stints, just for stints, playing the best I've seen this team since probably JJ's magical season. A ranger team that is hanging on to the puck and taking it to the other team, what is this???

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote