View Single Post
11-01-2013, 06:39 AM
I taught Yoda
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
the problem is good NHL goalies bail their teams out of the situations that happened tonight.

its their job to clean up the messes their teammates make in front of them.

if every goalie let in a goal every time a play broke down in front of him, the average GAA would be about 7.00

all he has to do is make one save on any of the questionable ones and we win... but he didn't, and we didn't...

any night we score 4 goals HAS to get us two points... Rinne would have won tonights game... Dan Ellis or Anders Lindback probably would have won tonights game...

I'll take Bryzgalov for 1 million, Alex...
Bryz, the guy with a just over .500 record last season (41pts in 40 starts) with a sv% lower in each of the last two seasons than Hutton's current marks.

Hutton struggled his last two games and has now allowed 11 goals in his past three starts ... dropping to 2-1-1 with an additional no decision in the opener where he relieved Rinne less than ten minutes into the game. I can't even imagine what the reaction would be if Hutton came in and gave up three goals in under ten minutes or four goals on twelve shots in the span of just over a period, or repeatedly gave up twelve or more goals across spans of three starts including back to back five goal allowed, non-shootout games. Rinne did all those things over the past 61 regular season NHL games, so the definitive statement that Rinne would win and allusion that he doesn't have stretches eerily similar to what Hutton is in the midst of just doesn't fit history.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote