View Single Post
11-01-2013, 09:35 AM
I taught Yoda
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Just playing a little devil's advocate - Brzyz was mediocre behind Philly's sieve like defense. I'm not saying we should sign him, just saying that playing behind a defense like ours can help produce different goalie #'s than playing elsewhere.

As for Hutton - Rinne might have rough stretches, but Hutton's sample size is so small - how do we know that this is just a rough stretch or that maybe he's just not a good goalie?

Hutton doesn't have the body of work that you can give him the benefit of the doubt when he has a bad night.
Bryz's sv% hovers around where Hutton is now. Only twice in the past six seasons has he had a sv% higher than Hutton's current sv%

I remember a goalie who won his first start although he allowed three goals. He got the hook within the first fifteen minutes of his second start after allowing another three goals, this time on eight shots. He won his next two starts, beating Florida and Edmonton then got the hook in start number five with four goals on ten shots. Using the same criteria expressed in this thread to judge Hutton, we should have tied Pekka to the paddle wheel on the General Jackson and ran him up and down the Cumberland until he was dead. Hutton had two rough outings after three good ones and for some strange reason I trust Mitch Korn more than HF on the subject of goalies.

We're getting .500 hockey with Pekka out .... exactly what we got from him before the infection.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote