View Single Post
Old
11-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Matt19Oilers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdub View Post
I think if the Oil are looking at trading away one of the young guns, it has to be Yakupov. Why trade Eberle when it could make Hall and RNH resentful? They seem like good buds, committed to being Oilers together. Yakupov seems like the odd man out when watching them interact.

Trading Yak probably wouldn't cause any problems within the team. He also holds a lot of value, despite what people on HF might say.

If I was MacT, I would look at trying to do Yak for Myers+ or Yak for Seth Jones straight across.
I think Hall or RNH would be a lot more resentful about more years of losing than about trading away Eberle. It's Eberle for me because 1) i think Yakupov is going to be a better player and 2) more importantly: how can we get a good return for Yakupov when his cap-hit is less than $1million? We can't get a 5-6 million per year d-man and fit under the cap by trading Yakupov, but getting rid of Eberle's 6million per year ticket we can. I'd also want someone that we know has their game together, Myers is too big of a risk for me.

Bogosian, Yandle and Girardi (after he's been extended by the NYR) are more the types of players i'd be looking for.